Browsing Category: waxing series
March 1, 2014
It’s always easy for us to sing our own praises, but it is even better when it comes from a well known beauty editor for Glamour Magazine! “I go to the Uni K Wax center chain and find they’re geniuses at giving you excellent, consistent results at a great price ( …) They use a green proprietary natural wax that contains pine sap and bees wax and each client gets their very own freshly sterilized container that is emptied afterward. (no worries about double dipping!)” says Andrea Pomerantz Lustig in her book How to Look Expensive.
That is absolutely right! Our procedures are unlike any other waxing facility, setting the standard in the industry for the highest of hygiene and waxing procedures. Each Uni K Wax Center has its own on-site lab, which plays a very special role in the delivery of our exceptional waxing services. In that lab our proprietary wax is prepared for each individual customer. Our labs are maintained by our dedicated lab assistants who continually prepare wax throughout the day and maintain the lab conditions in the highest standards of sanitation. No other business has an on-site trained lab assistant.
– Once you check in and you are brought to your waxing room, your professional waxer will go to the lab to retrieve your personalized wax warmer that is freshly prepared just for you.
– The waxer takes the wax warmer filled with Uni K Wax’s all-natural elastic wax which is at body temperature into your waxing room. It is filled with only enough wax for your service.
– During the service, the waxer applies the wax to your body, removes the wax and discards it in the trash bin in the room.
– Once your service is complete, your waxer will return your waxing warmer back to the lab and the lab assistant will discard (if there is any) unused wax and properly dispose of waxing spatulas, gloves and applicators. The lab assistant will then thoroughly clean the warmer externally with Zestazol, widely known as one of the best depilatory wax cleansing product on the market, and as a final stage, sanitized the inside of the warmer with hospital grade 91% alcohol disinfectant. Only then is the warmer ready for the next customer.
This type of attention to detail allows for Uni K Wax Centers to offer a service that is consistently the best. Hygiene is one of our top priorities and we do everything to ensure it.
October 1, 2013
We don’t know what kind of outfit you are planning on wearing this Halloween, but we wanted you to be fully prepared for anything! With that in mind we are running a special that entitles you to a 15% discount off your total bill when you receive three services during one visit. Depending on the costume, you might want more than three! This October, Sundays through Tuesdays between 2 – 5pm up until and including October 22, ALL men, women and teens, new or returning customers, are eligible for this discount.
This October’s special lends itself to racking up some reward points. There are a number of ways to build reward points and one of those is getting 10 points for every $1 that you spend. By taking advantage of this month’s 15% discount, you will be booking three services and not just one, which can help build those reward points quickly. You can even book the three services on line and get 2,000 additional rewards points. While you are at it, why not bring a friend to enjoy a 10% discount and receive a further 5,000 rewards points! So make sure to sign up for the free Uni K Rewards Program, if you haven’t yet, and start building up points and save money!
Tips for customers coming in for waxing from Noemi Grupenmager herself!
Question: Often after any type of facial wax (eyebrows, lip, chin, etc.) and a workout, a breakout usually follows. Is there any way to avoid the breakout without having to skip my sweat session?
Answer: A wax session at Uni K Wax will not result in a breakout, so yes there is away to avoid a breakout, visit Uni K Wax Centers. This is because Uni K Wax uses an all-natural elastic wax, which moisturizes the skin as it gently opens the pores to remove the hair with minimal discomfort, then a soothing chamomile gel is applied on the waxed area. All of these procedures are unique to Uni K Wax, which is why we can promote that there is no break out following a visit to our centers. For those who are unable to visit a Uni K Wax Center, there are other things that you can do to minimize breakouts though. Choose a wax that is not hot, and contains no chemicals, is gentle on the skin and does not cause discomfort.
Sometimes our friends like to tell us some “fun facts” and here are some that you may or may not have known about waxing! (As published on Beauty News LA)
- – 4000 – 3000 BC: First evidence of total body hair removal in Ancient India
- – $30: average cost of bikini wax
- – 4-5 weeks: between waxing treatments
- – 77%: number of guys (ages 18-34) who admit to Manscaping
- – ¼”: length of hair before hair is ready for waxing treatment
- – 3-6 minutes: how long to keep at-home hair removal creams on body
- – 1993: Year the “Brazilian Bikini Wax” was coined by Noemi Grupenmager
- – 500-1200 nanometers: wavelength of laser in hair removal
- – 5: number of uses you can get out of a disposable razor blade
- – 18th century: first modern-day razor created
- – 33139: zip code of the first waxing-only center (Uni K Wax Center)
March 15, 2013
With spring right around the corner, it’s almost time to bring out your bathing suits and show your smooth and silky skin! We want to help your skin glow with a special promotion throughout March. No matter what kind of service you choose, Sundays thru Tuesdays between 2 – 5pm, you will enjoy a 20% discount! As we start to shed our winter wardrobes and break out the bikinis and skirts, there couldn’t be a better time to visit a Uni K Waxing Center and pamper your skin.
This promotion is valid for all new and existing Uni K Reward Members only, so make sure to sign up for the Uni K Rewards Program and start building up points! This March, show your skin some love and visit your nearest Uni K Wax Center! Even better, let a friend know and bring them along also! It’s a great way to earn 5000 Rewards points, which is equal to $5 that you can use towards any product or service!
How to prepare for your Spring Waxing!
Here are some generic helpful tips to remember:
* Let your hair grow out about one-eighth to one- quarter of an inch before going in for waxing.
* If you are sensitive during your menstrual cycle, you might want to avoid a bikini wax during those days.
* Alcohol tightens the pores, so it is not a good idea to consume before getting waxed.
* Using sun protection is always recommended when exposing your skin to the sun and it is especially important during the first 24 hours after waxing in order to avoid redness.
* Let your waxer know of any medications you’re taking. If you are under the use of AHA, Renova®, Retin-A® or corticosteroids such as hydro-cortisone, prednisone, Kenalog®, and Elocon® you SHOULD NOT get waxed in the treated areas. If you are under the treatment of Accutane® you SHOULD NOT get waxed.
However… THE MOST IMPORTANT TIP OF ALL – Choosing the right place to wax!
Uni K Wax Centers are centers solely dedicated to waxing and committed to providing you with the highest quality and most comfortable spa-like hair removal experience.
How can they achieve this? Because they have developed a “Unik” combination of a proprietary all-natural and elastic wax applied at body temperature, exclusive waxing techniques, and rigorously trained waxers that you will find only at Uni K Wax Centers.
Did you know that Uni K’s wax exfoliates your skin?
Your skin loses about 30,000 to 40,000 dead skin cells from the surface almost every minute, even though you do not see it happening. This is why exfoliating is so important to keep that healthy glow! Unik’s wax not only removes unwanted hair, but it removes dead skin cells from the surface of your skin, leaving it silky smooth and vigorous!
December 1, 2012
As we reach the end of 2012, all of us at Uni K Wax are very proud to have provided another year of natural, safe, and affordable waxing for both women and men. As we start 2013, we continue our commitment to our core principles of “natural”, “safe”, and “affordable”. After all, those are precisely what sets us apart and attracts our customers!
It’s always easy for us to sing our own praises, but it is even better when our customers do it for us. Especially if it comes from a well known beauty editor for Glamour Magazine! “I go to the Uni K Wax center chain and find they’re geniuses at giving you excellent, consistent results at a great price,” says Andrea Pomerantz Lustig in her recently released book How to Look Expensive , which as the cover so eloquently puts it, is about looking great without breaking the bank.
Uni K Wax has always wanted to make waxing accessible to as many people as possible while ensuring a safe and natural hair removal experience. So when Andrea describes her bikini wax experience at Uni K Wax,”…(It) costs just $25 and is so pain-free it almost feels like I am at a spa,” we knew that we had hit the proverbial nail on the head. Editor-in-Chief of Shape Magazine, Tara Kraft, gives a similar description when she refers to Uni K Wax’s all-natural wax that “makes “ouch” a thing of the past and leaves my legs silky for weeks.”
Departures Magazine explains Uni K Wax’s waxing formula as follows; “the unique formula has an elasticity to it that allows the wax to grab the hair without hardening on the skin, making removal almost painless.” However, our proprietary high-quality wax is only one piece of the puzzle. There is a special technique to be utilized to ensure every customer receives the best service from a specially trained and licensed hair removal specialist. Uni K Wax has earned more than once “The Best Waxing Service in Miami” by Allure Magazine.
Being “natural, safe and affordable” – all at the same time and in a consistent manner – is what really sets Uni K Wax apart from the rest. “Though not all waxing salons/bars are as consistent, Uni K has figured it out,” Pomerantz Lustig states. “They use a green proprietary natural wax that contains pine sap, bees wax, and Aloe Vera, and each client gets their very own freshly sterilized container that is emptied afterward. (no worries about double dipping!)”
Noemi Grupenmager, CEO and Founder of Uni K Wax, is very optimistic about the future growth of Uni K Wax. “2013 will be another great year. We will see more Centers opening up, and more special offers geared to keep making our unique services affordable while safe.” She takes the opportunity to express, “I am very grateful and appreciative for our customers’ loyalty, for the work and dedication of our waxers, our employees and all our franchisees, all of which makes it possible to place Uni K Wax at the forefront of the Waxing Industry”.
Our Holidays gift for you is one free underarms service to be redeemed in January 2013 when you spend $25 or more on services and products during this December. Our gift cards or gift certificates make a great Holiday Gift and are available at any center as well as online or via facebook. Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones!